Join the professionals!
Optometric Front Office Assistant
Qualified candidate must have:
- Passion for excellence in patient service
- Pleasant telephone demeanor
- Good listening skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer and math skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Independent motivation to take pride in their work-self starter
- Teamwork skills to help achieve common goals
Primary duties include:
- Warmly greet and welcome all visitors, determine their needs and appropriately direct them
- Answer telephones, obtain and accurately enter all information needed for patient appointments and billing
- Schedule appointments
- Efficiently navigate computers/electronic medical records
- Verify vision and medical insurance benefits/eligibility and explain to patients
- Submit vision plan claims and process payments
- Collect copays/coinsurance/deductible/balances and correctly apply to accounts
- Scan insurance cards and other documents into the computer system
- Provide knowledgeable and courteous assistance to the doctors and other team members
- Place contact lens orders and dispense to patients
- Other duties can include performing preliminary tests prior to the doctor’s exam, assisting patients with contact lenses and glasses repairs/ adjustments
Challenging position includes competitive benefit packages.
Working hours do include afternoons, evenings and some Saturday mornings.
We close at 3:00 p.m. on Fridays!
*Enjoy the satisfaction of providing excellent patient service in a caring atmosphere.*
Or stop by for an application 1323 E. First Street McPherson, KS